Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder...

Absence from what you may ask?




...Absence from school.

From reading nonstop, from typing up papers, from doing research, from constructing powerpoints, and even driving 40miles one way to get there.

It gives me juice;
provides me with a certain 'up'.

When I'm fully immersed in all things school I get the pleasure of feeling satisfied, fulfilled, challenged, and strong.

Do I get these reward elsewhere? Sure.

But not as much mentally. I run. I go to the gym. I have an amazing boyfriend and a lovely family who fill me up to the brim. But sometimes when I'm not mentally stimulated my mind turns to mush.

So what project am I taking on this week you may ask?

We have an old picnic table [aka eyesore] on our patio. I decided I'm going to learn how to mosaic, go find some old plates, etc. at thrift stores, pick a design [aka random chaos], and get to it. It will give both my hands and my mind some work for a while, plus with a great reward.


I'll let you know when things get really going and share some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment