Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ice Ice Baby!




It sort of looks like there is a party in his pants. Just sayin...



I went to PT a few days ago. Confirmed [duh] ITBand. I've been doing this three times a day:

Having the Goose deep tissue massage the crap out of the area (only once a day)
Foam roll (the other two times)
Stretch (all three)
Do some band work (all three)
and Ice, Ice Baby (all the damn time!)

Oh, and I'm sleeping with the heating pad wrapped around my knee.

I want to get all the way, one hundred percent, not just symptom free, completely better so I'm not running at all.

In other news, I had to boast a bit....

I've been in a funk all week. Probably because of not being able to run, having my planned PhD school tell me "well, we've decided it would be of a greater financial benefit if we gave preference to first year applicants" Read: Well, if you show up with your masters, you only have to stay here 2-3 years. If we can recruit some first year students (which they have plenty of given only 4 get into the program each year!) then they have to pay us for at least five to six years. I told Goose I was going through a quater-life crisis.

He was AMAZING all week. Took me to school and work. Made me breakfast in bed. Let me sleep in. Gave me massages and made me nice tea, talked about all of my problems. And then this evening when we woke up from our nap I recounted my dream leaving me with a serious desire for some nachos. He got up, started the car and took me out to this great Mexican restaurant and then out for desert at this bistro after. Yep, he's a keeper.

Needless to say, how long can you hate life when that is your life? The answer: 5 days, tops.


"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Read: I am blessed and need to quit my whining. I'm soo lucky to have my Goose to remind me about my even more glorious God and that life is so wonderful, even when I am so selfish because I am blessed and have a place with Him.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...Goose is a keeper. And he kinda' looks like Vanilla Ice ;0)

    ReplyDelete