Friday, August 27, 2010

Just Do It.

Yesterday was a chaotic mess. I felt like I was going a million miles all day with hardly any day to just sit and be. I kept saying, "I can do my run later at this time" or "I'll just get it in at the gym between this chore and that chore". Then I just did it.

I didn't have a lot of time before I had to leave the house, but I just went out and ran a quick 2.5 miles. (I wanted to get in 3.5.) I'll consider it speed work because my pace was 8:37 (fast for me). Quick run; done.

I ran out the door, took two of our dogs to the groomers, returned shoes at Target, bought more stuff for the wedding, met Goose quick, picked dogs up, got in an upper body workout and then worked for a few hours. Phew.

That night we were dog sitting my Mom's dog, the little guy, who is best friends with our big guy.



Anyways, the point of the story is the little guy LOVES to run. I put on all of my reflective gear and went out and did a quick 1.5 with the dog. It might have been broken up, but I ended up getting in 4miles. I was happy with that. Sometimes if you just get off your can and do it, things work out.

Today: Yoga, bike ride

This week I'm doing my long run on Saturday because the wedding is on Sunday. As long as it gets done, I'm happy.

Pictures to come, of course.

4 comments:

  1. Rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    You know you are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome!

    Love this post. Just getting out there in 90% of the battle!

    GREAT photo!!

    ReplyDelete