Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pushing through with a Smile




"The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary" - Vidal Sassoon

I've always loved that quote. It reminds me that nothing is free. If we want it, we have to work for it. After all, that's part of the joy in the end. Accomplishing easy tasks is not as rewarding as accomplishing seemingly impossible tasks [i.e. half marathon! haha].

Quick recap.
Tuesday: 3.5mile run, check.
The run went okay. I've been having a hard time getting back into my place of zen. Everything feels like an effort lately. Maybe I'm just burnt out and overrun right now. I'm hoping things settle down a bit after the wedding is over ...who am I kidding?
Legs at the gym, check.
I didn't go as heavy as I did last week because my legs were feeling that workout for a long time. I just did a few sets of squats [3x55], walking lunges [3x25lb dbs], and kickbacks [3x20lb db].
No eating like a fool, check.
In fact, I even made homemade sauce last night. My Grandma gave us
a billion tomatoes from her garden, so I tried it! I'm a serious noob in the kitchen, but I figure you have to start somewhere. Last night with the sauce, I made a mini corn tortilla chicken pizza. It was good, I'm not going to lie to you.


On today's agenda:
40mins of Yoga
Short 6m bike ride
Stretching
Going with bride to be to get our nails done and have
a hair consult.
Oh yeah, and don't eat like a fool.


Tomorrow is back to the running game. I'm going to update my ipod, maybe that will help us out a bit.


OH, and here is a picture Goose took of me running (I actually don't really have ANY running pictures). No, I don't normally run like a turtle, that's just how I always smile at him, with my head all down in my chest. haha



No comments:

Post a Comment