Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sweet Blissful Day of Rest

Let us recap:

Yesterday was n o n s t o p . I got up early and raced to Wal-Mart for some last minute essentials; apples, bananas, almonds, granola bars, and rice cakes to accompany our day of wine and merriment.


Raced home. Packed up the cooler, her presents, and all of the goodies.
Headed out on the road, by foot that is. I was determined to still get my run in before the day got away from me. I only managed a quick 2.5miles (I only wanted to do 3.5 so it's not the end of the world) but I felt good for the rest of the day. My legs, more specifically my booty and hammies, were feeling the hills. I had done a heavy leg workout on Thursday; deep squats and walking lunges were still with me. But, I got through my run.


After a quick shower I left to enjoy the rest of the day.


It was beautiful. The weather was absolutely perfect (high 70s, light breeze, sunny skies) and everyone had a great time. Here are a couple of pictures.




We brought the night to an early close around 9pm. Hey! When you start getting down at 11am, you're exhausted 10 hours later! Cut me some slack! :]

But, afterward Goose and I went to a coffee house to hear and take pictures of a friend's band. Needless to say, we got back home around 1am.


But today....


Was restful.

I woke up around 8:30, enjoyed a nice breakfast out with Goose, lounged around and caught up on some reading, went for a relaxing boat ride, took a nap... Ahhhh.


Back to the grind tomorrow.

7mile run. Bring it, bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment